Membership Makes All the Difference
Become a member of the Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce and enjoy the benefits of being part of a business networking solutions. We’re your information clearinghouse for Taylorville. The Chamber is the place where visitors, newcomers, executives, businesses, and others obtain their first impression of the soundness and the hospitality of our community. It is most of all, people, like you, working to make Taylorville a better place to live, work, shop, play and visit. It is the only organization working everyday for YOU and YOUR business!
You’re required to fill out an application form and email or fax it to our office. Click here for an application. The Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce works closely with other organizations and City and County Government.
Benefit From Our Membership
The Chamber is a public relations firm for Taylorville and its businesses. We reply to inquiries about our community and offer general information concerning Taylorville. We serve as a referral center, recommending ONLY Chamber members to our many callers. Every inquiry is answered fully, promptly, and courteously, creating favorable impressions about our community and your business.
In 2022 we answered 2,300 phone calls, had 700 visitors come through our front door, and gave out more than 300 referrals and responded to 1,800 requests for information.
The Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce also:
- Is a member of the Illinois Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Maintains a high profile in the community
- Promotes Taylorville with the Annual Chillifest weekend, which attracts 12,000-14,000 people to the square for that weekend
- Coordinates and maintains the Community Calendar, keeping the community informed and helping to prevent duplication of events
- Publishes the Taylorville City Map with discounted advertising opportunities for Chamber members
- Promotes the advancement of education to career with GTCC Educational Scholarship.
- Promotes members doing business with other members, some offer special discounts
- Administers the Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificate Program at no cost to participants. Since September of 2000 the program has had an economic impact of over $1.6 million. The Chamber keeps local dollars in our community
- Sponsors seminars and workshops
- Instrumental in establishing the “LEADdership Excellence Achieved by Design” program
- Key player in Electrifying the Square and the Decorate the Square Campaign
- Promotes Taylorville and members weekly on Chamber Chat, heard on 870 AM/96.1 FM WTIM radio, along with monthly interviews on FOX55 Good Day Marketplace called “Taylorville Happenings”
- Hosts the Annual Banquet, normally held the first Friday in May
- Coordinates the Annual Outstanding Citizen of the Year Award
- Periodic FREE Job Fairs
- Celebrates a quarterly member as “Member of the Quarter” with reception and PR
- Hosts the Annual Banquet and Awards of Excellence, normally held the first Friday in May.
- Coordinates the Outstanding Citizen of the Year Award, Boss of the Year and Volunteer of the Year Awards.
- Provides certificates of origin service
Check Out Our Programs
The Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce provides many fun and valuable networking opportunities through our many programs:
- Monthly Business After Hours
- Serving on Committees
- Annual Spring Swing
- Annual Banquet
- Member of the Quarter Receptions
- Business Leadership Series luncheons and seminars
Have the Chamber do an email blast message for a $25.00 charge. Your message will reach key Taylorville business leaders. Members can also provide flyers to be inserted in our relocation or informational packets – priceless!
We Provide Recognition and Awards
- Ribbon Cuttings for new members and new facilities which includes newspaper and radio advertising
Associate Yourself With Us
As you can see, the advantages and benefits of being a member of the Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce are numerous.
Join us! If you consider only the monetary value of your Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce dues investment, and take advantage of all the services, you recoup your investment several times over. (GTCC dues are considered a normal and ordinary business expense for tax purposes.)
A recent study, commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives, validates what we’ve known all along—consumers support businesses because they are Chamber members.
The study of 2,000 adults nationwide showed when consumers were told that a business was a member of its local chamber, they were 44% more likely to rate if favorably and 66% more likely to want to purchase goods or services from that business.
We know that joining—and maintaining—chamber membership is a good thing to do, but what exactly does an active chamber membership say about your company? Seven out of ten consumers in the study think that being active in the local chamber is an effective business strategy overall, but is especially effective for communicating that your company is reputable, you care about your customers, you are involved in the community and you use good business practices.
Both large national corporations and small locally owned businesses were included in the consumer study and the results were the same! Membership in the local chamber of commerce has a positive impact on a company’s ability to attract consumers.
The positive outcomes associated with being a Chamber member involve letting your customers know you are a member of the local Chamber.
Do your customers know that you are a Chamber member? Are you displaying your membership decal in a prominent location of your business? Do you display the Chamber logo on your company website? Do you mention your chamber membership in your promotional materials?
The message from the study was simple: Join your local chamber, be an active participant in your chamber’s programs and be sure to let your customers and prospects know you’re a proud Chamber supporter when they come into your business and when they see your marketing material.