Membership Makes All the Difference
Become a member of the Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce and enjoy the benefits of being part of a business networking solutions. We’re your information clearinghouse for Taylorville. The Chamber is the place where visitors, newcomers, executives, businesses, and others obtain their first impression of the soundness and the hospitality of our community. It is most of all, people, like you, working to make Taylorville a better place to live, work, shop, play and visit. It is the only organization working everyday for YOU and YOUR business!
The CEO sits on the boards of Christian County Economic Development Corporation, Christian County Ag Group, The Christian County CEO Program, The Christian County Leadership Committee, Lincoln Land Community College Advisory Committee and the Taylorville Development Association. She is also a member of the Illinois Federation of Business Women and the Illinois Farm Bureau.
Benefit From Our Membership
- Is a member of the Illinois Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Maintains a high profile in the community
- Promotes Taylorville with the Annual Chillifest weekend, which attracts 12,000-14,000 people to the square for that weekend
- Coordinates and maintains the Community Calendar, keeping the community informed and helping to prevent duplication of events
- Publishes the Taylorville City Map with discounted advertising opportunities for Chamber members
- Promotes the advancement of education to career with GTCC Educational Scholarship.
- Promotes members doing business with other members, some offer special discounts
- Administers the Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificate Program at no cost to participants. Since September of 2000 the program has had an economic impact of over $1.6 million. The Chamber keeps local dollars in our community
- Sponsors seminars and workshops
- Instrumental in establishing the “LEADdership Excellence Achieved by Design” program
- Key player in Electrifying the Square and the Decorate the Square Campaign
- Promotes Taylorville and members weekly on Chamber Chat, heard on 870 AM/96.1 FM WTIM radio, along with monthly interviews on FOX55 Good Day Marketplace called “Taylorville Happenings”
- Hosts the Annual Banquet, normally held the first Friday in May
- Coordinates the Annual Outstanding Citizen of the Year Award
- Periodic FREE Job Fairs
- Celebrates a quarterly member as “Member of the Quarter” with reception and PR
- Hosts the Annual Banquet and Awards of Excellence, normally held the first Friday in May.
- Coordinates the Outstanding Citizen of the Year Award, Boss of the Year and Volunteer of the Year Awards.
- Provides certificates of origin service
Check Out Our Programs
The Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce provides many fun and valuable networking opportunities through our many programs:
- Monthly Business After Hours
- Serving on Committees
- Annual Spring Swing
- Annual Banquet
- Member of the Quarter Receptions
- Business Leadership Series luncheons and seminars
Have the Chamber do an email blast message for a $25.00 charge. Your message will reach key Taylorville business leaders. Members can also provide flyers to be inserted in our relocation or informational packets – priceless!
We Provide Recognition and Awards
- Member of the Quarter Award which includes newspaper and radio advertising
- Ribbon Cuttings for new members and new facilities which includes newspaper and radio advertising
- Celebrates “Chamber Week” in local media promoting GTCC members
Associate Yourself With Us
As you can see, the advantages and benefits of being a member of the Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce are numerous.
Join us! If you consider only the monetary value of your Greater Taylorville Chamber of Commerce dues investment, and take advantage of all the services, you recoup your investment several times over. (GTCC dues are considered a normal and ordinary business expense for tax purposes.)